DAM / EHI split tape
originally issued on cassette
on the F.D.R. Tapes label , F.D.R. #104, Des Moines, Iowa
recorded July-September 1999, in Des Moines and Gainesville, Florida
1. Dog As Master - Return Of The Dog
2. Dog As Master - Terminal Object
3. E H I - Productivity
4. E H I - The Enduring Overdrive
5. E H I - One Man's Trash...
6. E H I - Productivity II
7. E H I - Confidential Device
8. E H I - A Walk To Sound
For one tape release I revived the Dog As Master name, and these two 15-minute tracks are thick, abrasive, relentless, bristling 4-track noise, consisting solely of shortwave radio tones and static processed through a digital delay unit.
E H I (Brian Noring) offered up six electroacoustic workouts based on common everyday sounds and minimal electronics.